Bitly is a URL shortening service that allows you to save and share your links on the web. Bitly shortened URLs can be trackable or non-trackable. To be trackable you need to create an account with Bitly by easily entering in few pieces of information.
In Bitly, short links are referred to as bitmarks. Bundles are a collection of short links or “bitmarks”.
Directions for creating short links:
Go to: bitly.com
1. Paste in a link at the top to have it shortened automatically
2. New page shows up with your newly shortened link
3. There is a button to easily copy it and share it
1. After creating your account, go to your home page (called “Your Stuff in Bitly)
2. Paste in a link at the top to have it shortened automatically
3. A summary of the contents of the link and how many clicks it has received show up in timeline
4. Short links you have created are displayed in your timeline chronologically
5. You can click on “View stats” to see more detailed information about how many people clicked through and when they did it.
6. Click on your user name in top right corner, then click tools
From here you can:
– install a Chrome extension to creak short links from your browser
– Download Bitly for your phone
– Get WordPress Plugin for Bity
7. You can always go back to your short links by clicking “Your Bitlinks” on top left side of page