SmartGFE is ClosingCorp’s tool and is really more a tool for lenders. It also is not a mobile app or custom branded or has any kind of social sharing included.
Follow the link below for a video tutorial:
Follow link below for tutorial video:
If you cannot login to your calculator you likely need to reset your password. To do this please follow these steps:
- Visit the login page of the calculator (where it prompts you for email and password)
- Next click on “Forgot My Password”
- Enter the email address signed up/signed in with
- Click “Reset Password” button
- You’ll receive a link in your email to reset your password. Click it or copy and paste the link into your browser.
- On the next screen you will be able to enter in a new password and save it.
- Then attempt to login again.
The calculator allows you to save statements in progress and go back to edit them as new offers or details come in.
- To access previous statements that you saved click the “Saved” button from the homescreen.
- A list of your previously saved statements will appear.
- Click on any of them and modify them to calculate new offers – all without re-entering any details.
You have the ability to save a closing statement you are working on and revisit it when you are ready to complete it.
- Once you have entered all the details you want, simply hit the “Save” button at the top of the screen.
- Saving can be done at anytime while you’re working on the closing statement.
- Once you hit the “Save” button, a window will appear to add a name to the closing document you are working on.
- Type in the name you would like to use for this closing statement. Something like the seller name or property address so it will be easily identifiable later.
- Hit the “Submit” button in the Save window.
- Your closing statement is now saved in your account and this is confirmed by green text that temporarily appears near the top of the page.
- To view your statement later or to confirm your statement is saved, Click on the “Saved” tab at top of calculator.
- Here you will find all your saved statements and you can either View or Delete the statements from the Saved page.
To discard a statement, simply close out the calculator or log out of your account without clicking Save.
You also have the ability to start over with a closing statement by clicking the New button at the top of your screen. This will clear all the fields in the calculator.
You can order a title from the calculator screen without having to re-enter any details that you have already entered.
- Once all of the information and details are entered into the calculator, press “Calculate”. If all the numbers look correct then you’re ready to Order Title.
- From Closing Statement page, press “Order Title” button located at top of page.
- Fill in any necessary details on this form that are missing, for example:
- Seller name
- Property address
- Sale price
- Then click “Order Title” at bottom of form.
- If there is missing information, you will be prompted to enter that information by a red box and red text.
- Once you click “Order Title” your order is submitted and someone from your title company will contact you shortly.
Share the preliminary closing statement with your clients or yourself instantly with the “Email” button when you are creating or editing a closing statement.
- After entering in all the necessary information for your closing statement click on “Calculate” button.
- From the Closing Statement page, click the “Email” button located at top of page
- An email compose message will appear with a link to your closing statement.
- Type the address of the people you would like to send it to in the To field.
- There is a template title and text in the email window for you. Feel free to add to our customize the title and body of the email in the email window.
- Then click red “Send” in the top right corner.
Printing From Your Computer
You can print any preliminary HUD directly from the browser your are accessing the calculator from.
- Simply click the “Print” button located at the top of the screen when you are ready to print your closing statement.
- By default, when you hit “Print” it prints the Estimated Closing Statement format with the information currently entered into the calculator.
- When your print window pops up, be sure to select the printer of your choice and click on Print.
Alternate Print Method
If you do not have an AirPrint device or the functionality is not working on your mobile device you can print by alternative means.
- Email yourself the preliminary closing statement you want to print.
- Click the “Email” button that may appear at top or in menu on app.
- An email compose window will appear with a link to the preliminary closing statement you have created.
- Type in the email address you want it sent to if it doesn’t auto-populate with the email you want.
- Click “Send” in top right corner.
- Check your email.
- Copy and paste the link into your browser to view your preliminary closing statement.
- Print from your computer as you normally would any document.
- Login to your account
- Select with Seller or Buyer from tabs at top of calculator
- Enter details into the fields under the Primary tab
- Once complete, expand Additional tab by clicking on “+” sign on right side
- Fill in details as much as needed
- You’ll find that most of the information is optional, which allows you to quickly only punch in the important details of the transaction like Last Year’s Tax, Sale Price, Closing Date, etc.
- You’ll also find that some fixed values will also be auto-populated such as Closing Fees and Lien Search to ease your life even more.
- Once your are done with both sections, click on Calculate button. This button is found on both top and bottom of calculator
- Your Estimate Closing Statement will be displayed with all the information you entered
- From here you can go back to the calculator if you would like to update some information. Otherwise your can print, email or save the current statement. If you like what you have you can order title directly from this screen.